Search the forum,

Discuss Glass Mosaic bordr installation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gobby

IMG_00000271.jpg IMG_00000277.jpg

Got these glass mosaic strips to install, they are 8mm deep as are the tiles fitted to the already tanked walls. I was thinking to make an 8mm deep dog leg from something and cut some v notches into it to use to spread the ady which is white mapei flexi rapid. I think it'll be a fiddle arse to get the ady onto the wall quickly though. The nominal size is 60mm wide and I've left a nominal 65mm groove and was thinking to use 2mm plastic window packers at intervals to stop any slippage downward. This sound about right or is there a better way?
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gobby

Made dog tooth out of a plastic window packer and used a bit of 6mm ply I had to hand as a mini trowel to apply the ady along with another packer as a spreader/leveller. I allowed 2mm for the ady which seemed to be about right when I tried it and it just squeezed through the backing. I used packers again to stop any slippage as the ady set then whipped them out when it firmed up. Grouted them today and think I got it mostly right and was quite pleased/relieved if wasn't a disaster area afterwards.

IMG_00000284.jpg IMG_00000286.jpg

Reply to Glass Mosaic bordr installation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen