Search the forum,

Discuss glass in shower enclosure in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tile55

Hi guys, a first for me!
A client has asked me if it's is possible to put a coloured mirror glass into a shower enclosure. She mentioned 'Decorglaze'
Does anyone know if it possible? I'm a bit dubious myself because of the waterproofing aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

I think you mean Decoglaze which is a process of coating glass panels with colour for us in kitchens and bathrooms.

Providing the panel is installed and sealed in the usual way it should work in the same way as tiles but just be careful that the colour wash is not too pale or you might end up seeing the adhesive as patches.

As for the mirror part I have not heard of that. Either she wants a mirror inside the shower (kinky) or she wants coloured glass.

Check out the Decorlaze website and maybe call them for more technical detail

MAIN WEBSITE

bottombar.jpg

T

tile55

Cheers Richard, this is just an idea the client has but I am trying not to go down this route as it is a recent tile job that a company has done.
Apparently they tiled on top of old tiles and judging by the sound, it seems like it is plaster underneth. (top tiles are 16x16 polished marble)
I explained about weight restrictions and explained that I would be removing the tiles and staring again.

Here are some pictures

can't upload pics at the moment (server pro) will try again later.:83:

D

david campbell

i've heard of this been done but i'm sure i was told the mirror was stuck wit some kind of silicone rather than addy,something to do with not damaging the coating on the back of the mirror!

W

White Room

Mirror silicone the other normal type can burn through the backing so I under stand

T

tile55

Providing the panel is installed and sealed in the usual way it should work in the same way as tiles but just be careful that the colour wash is not too pale or you might end up seeing the adhesive as patches.

As for the mirror part I have not heard of that. Either she wants a mirror inside the shower (kinky) or she wants coloured glass.

Check out the Decorlaze website and maybe call them for more technical detail

MAIN WEBSITE

Once again thanks for the link, I got this info from the website:
After 3 years of extensive, in depth research & testing at a leading university, the Deco Glaze Colour Coat is a specially formulated polyurethane that guarantees adhesion. It is applied by spray to all glass types including: annealed, toughened, heat strengthened; laminated; bent; slumped and can achieve a variety of finishes these include opaque, translucent and metallic.

SUGGESTED USES

• Kitchen Splashbacks• Interior wall cladding
• Shower screens
• Bathroom wall panelling
• Doors
• Signage
• Partitions
• Worktops
• Exterior wall cladding

Therefore I think it is a no no for shower cubicles.

D

david campbell

wish i had kinky customers(need to go the mrs just heard me typing that) lol:santa_cheesy:

D

Deleted member 1779

I upload my pics to a remote server via ftp and then use a http:// link to post them here.

Do you have access to another server? Flicker? Facebook? something like that. Once uploaded all you need do is copy and paste into this edit box.

T

tile55

Trying again to upload pics

image.php

I don't know, I give up.:incazzato:tried what you said 365 but too no avail, cheers anyway,

broken link removed last 3 pictures in the pictures page,I am in the process of updating the site.

Reply to glass in shower enclosure in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen