Search the forum,

Discuss General advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kazza123450

Hi, I have bought cream polished porcelain tiles from tile giant, they sold me grey adhesive with them. Just been to Topps Tiles and they say that I should use White adhesive not grey. I would appreciate is someone could let me know which colour and type of adhesive I should use.Also conflicting advice one says lay the tiles, use grimex then LTP MPG sealer then grout the other person said lay tiles, grout then use sealer, so a bit confused.I'm a DIY'er however have tiled before but not using porcelain tiles and keep reading conflicting information on the web so any advice great fully received.

I

Ian

What colour is your grout going to be? If it's dark then keep the grey adhesive, if it's a light colour then use white. With regards to the cleaning/sealing, use grimex then LTP MPG before grouting. Welcome along to the forum.

K

Kazza123450

Will probably use a cream coloured grout (dreading the cleaning) so will go back and change it for the White adhesive, thanks for the advice.

R

Rich

Welcome to the forum.

I would use white adhesive. There are other products on the market that will help keep your grout clean, a grout guard or as Jay says epoxy grout.

K

Kazza123450

Thanks for the welcomes and advice could you tell me if epoxy grout is easy to apply for a DIYer? Will start to lay the tiles today, so fingers crossed it goes ok, have read too much worrying info on the web regarding laying polished porcelain tiles but feel more confident with the advice from these forums.

J

jay

Hi does the porc require sealing .as for the epoxy how big is the area and how confident do you feel

R

Rich

Thats what the forum is here for. Epoxy is a different animal to normal grout but as long as you do your research on here ad make sure that you know what your up against you should be ok. It does cost more and it takes a bit more work but I think that it is worth it. Have a look at the link below on epoxy grout and also do a search on here, there will be a lot of info on it.

Epoxy Grouting...

K

Kazza123450

Laid six rows and it's going ok, I will be cleaning the tiles with Grimex after they have all been laid and will then seal them before grouting. I will take a look at the epoxy grout to see if I'm up to doing it! Thanks

Reply to General advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen