Search the forum,

Discuss French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Hi All,

I’ve not been on in a while but its good to see you are all still here and seem to be doing well considering. I seek advice regarding French Pattern travertine from CTD.

I am fitting 40m2 starting tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience fitting these tiles? I am puzzled at what size of grout joint you would use as it would seem to be dictated for you considering the set pattern. Also there seems to be 2 different patterns with these tiles.

C

charlie1

(203x203 x 2, 203x406 x 1, 406x406 x 2, 406x610 x 1)

this is what each box contains but i think you need 2 boxes to make one module.

E

enduro

You should have a fixing plan for the tiles supplied by the tile retailer, check in the pallet as they normally put them in there, or thee customer should have one.

D

doug boardley

if you can't find plan, get suppliers to fax you one, just looking at the sizes and it seems very similar to one i did last year, are the edges "boned"? if so the joint sizes are minimal.

D

doug boardley

the pattern looks the same as the one I did and the edges look boned, if I remember right I had to use 2mm spacers, very narrow for a floor I know, but it was the only way to keep the pattern from creeping out. Because the edges are boned the joint looks bigger when grouted

C

charlie1

Thanks Doug you catch my drift. They are chissled edge tiles, thats what they are called anyway. 2mm joints are pretty tight for floors but I dont really have any choice.

Thanks.

Reply to French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen