Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

charlie1

Hi All,

I’ve not been on in a while but its good to see you are all still here and seem to be doing well considering. I seek advice regarding French Pattern travertine from CTD.

I am fitting 40m2 starting tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience fitting these tiles? I am puzzled at what size of grout joint you would use as it would seem to be dictated for you considering the set pattern. Also there seems to be 2 different patterns with these tiles.

C

charlie1

(203x203 x 2, 203x406 x 1, 406x406 x 2, 406x610 x 1)

this is what each box contains but i think you need 2 boxes to make one module.

E

enduro

You should have a fixing plan for the tiles supplied by the tile retailer, check in the pallet as they normally put them in there, or thee customer should have one.

D

doug boardley

if you can't find plan, get suppliers to fax you one, just looking at the sizes and it seems very similar to one i did last year, are the edges "boned"? if so the joint sizes are minimal.

D

doug boardley

the pattern looks the same as the one I did and the edges look boned, if I remember right I had to use 2mm spacers, very narrow for a floor I know, but it was the only way to keep the pattern from creeping out. Because the edges are boned the joint looks bigger when grouted

C

charlie1

Thanks Doug you catch my drift. They are chissled edge tiles, thats what they are called anyway. 2mm joints are pretty tight for floors but I dont really have any choice.

Thanks.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Here's one I did earlier :thumbsup:

KitchenTravertine022.jpg

D

DHTiling

Opus Romano Pattern

Tiles quantities to suit this pattern x2

A - 406 x 406
4 No.
B - 406 x 610
2 No.
C - 406 x 203
2 No.
D - 203 x 203
4 No.

lrg_img_opus.jpg

C

charlie1

Yes I had a look at your work CJ, It looks great.:thumbsup: I'm thinking in terms of setting out to treat it like 200mm tiles.

Reply to French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks