Search the forum,

Discuss fossil sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

hi all just to say ive been having one hell of a day laying these fossil sandstone , they are 900- 600 format but the things arnt square by up to 20mm out , they have come from manderine stone so gave them a call just to get its a nateral stone use wide joints :lol::lol::lol: , ok i said but would need to use a 25-30 joint becouse of the way they vary in size , so gave up on that and im cutting them all square my self :mad2: slow days ahead
anyone else used them before and could give any help :thumbsup:

H

hillhead

sounds a real pain in the rear that!
hope day rate applies.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul flight

whats the name for the stone? manderin are a good supplier ! are they all out of sqr?? or just a few

T

TT Tiling

whats the name for the stone? manderin are a good supplier ! are they all out of sqr?? or just a few
after going through the crates today ,thanks god its not all of them ,its about 35% ,so will be useing them as the cuts :lol: , and theres a lot of cuts to do :thumbsup:

T

The D

if they are so good they would have dealt with the problem instead of fobbing him of with that old chestnut. There are plenty of natural stones that are perfectly square so why is there’s out of square?
This is not the first time as it has happened to me also. Funnily they said the same thing to me but I was not having it so in the end they sent 6 new pallets but that was also junk. :thumbsdown:

T

TT Tiling

im thinking they buy low , sell high , hope the name carrys them
im lucky the guy im doing it for is cool on a day rate ,nice bloke :thumbsup:

P

Pebbs

Your thinking right Dean, they are known as Mandarin S***e in my office, due to a similar problem we had.

Pebbs

Reply to fossil sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen