Discuss Floor levelling query in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have three public toilets to prep for a floor layer, someone suggested uzin 65 is a good repair / levelling compound? What's your thoughts and recommendations?? All ideas appreciated..

Reaction score
Hi wrighty, same again thanks for your opinion as well, but!!? What is the difference between uzin and rapid level? Obviously apart from it being rapid I assume. I was advised by a mate that uzin, (winds me up cos spell check don't like that word!!) spreads and levels a lot easier, ain't cheap either.. Just bought 40 bags of the gear!! Of Sts flooring

S

Spare Tool

Hi wrighty, same again thanks for your opinion as well, but!!? What is the difference between uzin and rapid level? Obviously apart from it being rapid I assume. I was advised by a mate that uzin, (winds me up cos spell check don't like that word!!) spreads and levels a lot easier, ain't cheap either.. Just bought 40 bags of the gear!! Of Sts flooring
No difference unless you want to tile on it within an hour or wait till day after..and believe me the tilemaster rapidio has gone off by the time you've eaten a ham sandwich :)

S

SJPurdy

More info might get more replies/advise.
What is the floor layer laying?
What is the substrate?
What amount (depth) of repairs are required?
What depth of levelling required?
Anything else relevant.

Just trying to be helpful, not critical.

Reaction score
Altro safety vinyl.
Concrete/ screed.
Approx maximum depth in some areas 25/mm due to minor differences/ discrepancies in levels, hence the reason to use levelling compound
To make it as level and obviously smooth as possible due to the material being applied as a finish.
Apart from all that just did one room, took seven bags and looks ok. Will also add that mixed it to manufacture instructions and it looked very watery, but it's levelled out very well without the aid of any troweling or messing. So I'm quite impressed so far. But cheers for your feed back and any more info is appreciated..

O

On one

A spiked roller might be helpful in leveling it and getting any air bubbles out if your going over it with vinyl

Reaction score
Thanks for all your answers. Did try picking up a spiked roller this morning funnily enough, no luck though, mind you I only tried tool stn and screwless!!:) should have gone to spec savers prob would've had more luck.. Lol

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
25mm's a "minor" difference!? Lol

If you have a CTD branch near you. They sell spiked rollers

Reaction score
Thanks ali I will pop in and get one, I think I read that gear is good up to 30mm. But if it came to that over a big area it would probably be better to re screed as it would cost a fortune.

Reply to Floor levelling query in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley