Discuss Floor levelling over particle board in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Jason123

New to TilersForums.com
Good evening,

I have pain stakingly lifted the floor tiles in my kitchen which were VERY well adhered to the subfloor below (which is particle board - not concrete). I am now left with adhesive more or less all over the floor - my question is (if I have the height) if I were to level the floor, if I am unable to lift all the adhesive, what would be the best thing to use?

I have been trying to find out online but everything seems to mention levelling concrete floors - is this sort of stuff suitable for over particle board?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

pdc

Only a Handyman...
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
If the floor has no deflection and the adhesive is stuck solid then I'd just prime it and use a decent SLC. With a layer of adhesive you're effectively laying on cement. Just make sure it's not bouncy!

OP
J

Jason123

New to TilersForums.com
If the floor has no deflection and the adhesive is stuck solid then I'd just prime it and use a decent SLC. With a layer of adhesive you're effectively laying on cement. Just make sure it's not bouncy!
Super thanks for the quick reply! I'll give lifting it a go but if it proves to be too much then levelling it is.