Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing a single tile in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Swindiff

I need to fix a single tile as a sink splashback in a cloakroom. The tile is a 600mm x 300mm porcelain tile. It's the tiles that were used for the flooring. I don't have any tile adhesive but I do have some tubes of gripfill and dow 785 bacteria resistant silicone. As this is just a single tile is there any reason why I should not use gripfil or silicone rather than buying some tile adhesive for a single tile. The wall is plaster board. Cheers

Q

Qwerty

Yes, because it is the incorrect method fixing tiles and could fail. If you have no adhesive just buy some

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I need to fix a single tile as a sink splashback in a cloakroom. The tile is a 600mm x 300mm porcelain tile. It's the tiles that were used for the flooring. I don't have any tile adhesive but I do have some tubes of gripfill and dow 785 bacteria resistant silicone. As this is just a single tile is there any reason why I should not use gripfil or silicone rather than buying some tile adhesive for a single tile. The wall is plaster board. Cheers
If it was a few i would say no ,but for one tile i would say either will do it

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Whilst not the correct way to fix a tile .. Gripfill will do the job on this occasion.. It will stick like Sh## to a Blanket... :rolleyes:

Reply to Fixing a single tile in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen