Search the forum,

Discuss First time tiling floor with Schluter Ditra matting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vinnykaka

Hi there everyone,
I have been using this forum as a guest to get info and all contributors have helped a great deal so i wanted to become a member and join the community!!!
I have done several tiling jobs on walls only but now i have been asked to do 2 complete bathrooms with ceramic on the wall and porcelain on the floor.
The client has bought ll the materials and he showed me a roll of orange Ditra matting and i was thinking man, i dont know how to use this stuff. I have watched a video on youtube but just wanted any expert advice/tips that will help me.
Many thanks in advance and i am also dying to show you some before & after pics of the jobs that i have done previously.
Thanks peeps.
Vinny

D

DHTiling

Ditra is easy to install.. use adhesive suitable for the substrate...

Again what is the substrate..?

And most of all... :welcome:

V

vinnykaka

Ditra is easy to install.. use adhesive suitable for the substrate...

Again what is the substrate..?

And most of all... :welcome:

Hi Dave,

I am removing the old floorboards and replacing with 18mm wpb exterior plywood as that is what's supplied by client.

Also, what size of trowel do i use for the tile & Ditra to plywood?

Thanks for the speedy reply..

D

DHTiling

No probs..

18mm... you will need to make sure plenty nogins are added between the joists.. a simple overlay with no support is insufficient ..

A 4mm trowel is needed for the application of the matting and mix the adhesive wetter than normal for a nice full coverage.

V

vinnykaka

No probs..

18mm... you will need to make sure plenty nogins are added between the joists.. a simple overlay with no support is insufficient ..

A 4mm trowel is needed for the application of the matting and mix the adhesive wetter than normal for a nice full coverage.

do i use the same size nogins as the joists?

what size trowel shall i use for the tile addy..10mm?

Reply to First time tiling floor with Schluter Ditra matting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen