Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss First post and porcelain tiles are driving me mad in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

DIYer

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Bought a diamond cutting disk, had to find something local and toolstation have an offer on one that looks very close to the turbo ATS one. Even if i don't use it for this job it's worth having one. Will test cut in the morning and see how it performs. Can return if no good so worth a shot.

D

Dumbo

To get a cleaner edge when you cut it you can score the tile first then cut beside the score line . Sometimes if you try to cut all the way through on one pass it can still break out at the end so in that situation I cut all the way through first two inches then maybe half depth for the rest then starting at the other end full depth before cutting the rest full depth .

OP
D

DIYer

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys, got some good tips there. Feeling a bit more confident about it now.

Not doing it just hypathetical but what would happen if we scored it and cut the 35x600 strip into say 35x200 by doing side cuts with the grinder and snapping the 3 pieces out or half cutting through from the back and putting it back on the Rubi to break it. Do snapping and grinding not mix well.

OP
D

DIYer

TF
Reaction score
Turns out cut was more like 29-30mm. Tried the over the bench method on a scrap piece but just ripped chunks out and took wasn't breaking straight despite a deepens score. These tiles just don't want to play.

Resorted to the new wheel on the wet saw as not confident of cutting straight with a grinder. Plus wet will hopefully last longer. Wow... Ok verrrrry slow but the cut is smoother than the uncut side.. And once tickled with the Rubi block you have hard time telling which side it was.

Two tiles cut, brew then few more to go

Using one of the Abracs Expert diamond blades toolstation are doing for 9.99 just now. Only 115mm but fits the saw and grinder. Thin at 1.2mm but cuts clean with no chipping so far. Even if it only lasts this job out I'd be happy.

Reply to First post and porcelain tiles are driving me mad in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock