Discuss finally finished my tiling course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

225driver

agree with all that has been said

should have been shown setting out properly, my course went over this time and time again

all our windows,baths,sinks and toilets were wonky and awkward.

That said the tiling looks great :hurray:

Enjoy i am (will always be learning)

Andy

J

jooper

Hi guys,

Just reading over this thread, I'm about to change career and become the first female tiler i know (!) but it concerns me that people seem to be taught different 'best' ways to set out or start the job (apologies if my terms are incorrect).

I've only spoke to 2 tilers so far and they both said they were told a different way to the other.

So my question is, is there a specific right or best way to start a job?

Thanks in advance for any advice......

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
There are different methods of setting out, some basic and some advanced, we teach the advanced one, you will know where every cut in the bathroom will be in under 10 mins before even putting the first tile on the wall, cannot speak for other centre methods but everyone who has been on our course, and there are lots on here will tell you it works perfectly every time, be carefull of the training centres where the tiles are finishing perfectly here there and everywhere, this doesnt happen in the real world, thats why all are units are layed out to test you, everything will be a cut. We have over 4 years of teaching private courses now and and still our feedback is 100% satisfied positive replies, speaks for itself.
Regards
Darren :thumbsup:

D

dingabell

I'm in the same boat as Jooper. I'm about to sign up for a course with Ableskills and have been looking around at videos of setting out etc, but no two tilers seem to use the same methods. I think the hard part is that in my case, I'll be putting a large proportion of my redundancy into my course, and I'm really hoping this will put me in a good position to start out on my own. I'm assuming that all tilers have their own ways of doing things depending on who they learnt from, and previous job experience?

D

dingabell

I've just realised how old this thread is. What a muppet! My question is still valid though I suppose.

D

Dale44

Dingabell,
Ableskills looks a very pro. training centre so I think you will be ok, read the feed back on training courses on this forum. I did my training at NETT, brilliant course by pro. instructors.
Ableskills are well documented on this forum and look like a top training centre. Let us know how you get on so others can have the benefit of your training experience.

D

dingabell

Will do Dale. Seemed a nice little set up when I went to have a look around. Will try to post weekly updates of what I've learnt etc. We've all got to start somewhere right?

P

prceramics

I'm in the same boat as Jooper. I'm about to sign up for a course with Ableskills and have been looking around at videos of setting out etc, but no two tilers seem to use the same methods. I think the hard part is that in my case, I'll be putting a large proportion of my redundancy into my course, and I'm really hoping this will put me in a good position to start out on my own. I'm assuming that all tilers have their own ways of doing things depending on who they learnt from, and previous job experience?
i did the 8 week tiling course at Able a year ago very good course if you need to know anything mate just message me :)

D

dingabell

I would message you but I don't have enough posts yet. As soon as I can I will. Many thanks.

Reply to finally finished my tiling course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks