Search the forum,

Discuss Faultyblunt wheel on Rubi TX-1200? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440 10mm thick and using the TX-1200 for cuts. Scoring fine, but tile is breaking off in a curve rather than along the line (almost an S shape). Happened to three tiles now, have scored deeper but no joy . Used for walls and fine (ceramic though) and no problems in the past. Can use angle grinder for now but just thought I'd ask if there's a specific wheel to fit this cutter that you would recommend before I splash out?

T

Tile Shop

I'd try with the 8mm. That's the one Rubi recommend for porcelain. But if it is going off in a curve, it could be slightly overfired, in which case you would have little success with anything other than electric.

As a guide, the optimal wheels for Rubi cutters are:
6mm = glazed ceramic wall tiles
8mm = all glazed and unglazed porcelain and dust pressed clay quarry (victorian style)
10mm = glazed ceramic floor tiles
18mm = rustic unglazed clay (extruded quarry tiles)

Reaction score
I'd try with the 8mm. That's the one Rubi recommend for porcelain. But if it is going off in a curve, it could be slightly overfired, in which case you would have little success with anything other than electric.

As a guide, the optimal wheels for Rubi cutters are:
6mm = glazed ceramic wall tiles
8mm = all glazed and unglazed porcelain and dust pressed clay quarry (victorian style)
10mm = glazed ceramic floor tiles
18mm = rustic unglazed clay (extruded quarry tiles)
Cheers Paul, much appreciated

Reaction score
I've got a DeWalt electric cutter which is a lovely beast but would have to be set up outside and running up and down stairs with porcelain floor tiles is getting harder by the year....:(

Reply to Faultyblunt wheel on Rubi TX-1200? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen