Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Exterior Tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rookery

Probably prompted by the nice weather, I have been asked to quote for tiling a patio. They don't want natural stone so would you suggest porcelain and glazed or not?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just done mine, why not
uqedejud.jpg
qupa4atu.jpg
yjy3yre3.jpg
se2e2e9a.jpg
4ysybuqu.jpg

In fact I have about 10m2 left over, if your interested ;)

Last edited:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They not glazed ,more matt, porcelain ,possibly will be slippy in winter, but to be honest the stone flags are slippy in winter so I tossed it about in my head and decided ( well the wife did) that we(she) would go the tile route

Last edited:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They not glazed ,more matt, porcelain ,possibly will be slippy in winter, but to be honest the stone flags are slippy in winter so I tossed it about in my head and decided ( well the wife did) that we(she) would go the tile route

Your right, everything is slippery in winter. Best go for what looks good, that looks great.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers chaps.
Sorry rookery I seem to have hijacked your thread :(
But to answer you question, as long as the tiles are frost proof and addy can be used external ( I used tilemaster) then get it done mate ;)

afright

TF
Reaction score
Have just finished 280 m2 balcony with 600 x 300 Alante porcs from CTD they have frostproof written on the back, also done my garden path about 8 years ago with porcs still looks good only draw back they are deadly with a bit of snow on them.

Reply to Exterior Tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks