Search the forum,

Discuss Experienced slate tiler needed in Sheffield to re-tile bathroom floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

loutuckett

Hi,

We've had our bathroom redone recently, but unfortunately the bathroom floor has not been tiled properly and we now urgently need it fixing! The floor is tiled with 30x30 black slate tiles - 10mm gauged - onto 12mm ply (which is going to have to stay as the shower tray and bath are now fixed in place...). The room is 3.2m x 2.6m in total (but the bath and shower do not need to be tiled, so total sq m is probably 5 sq m). The problem is that firstly the tiles were sealed with the wrong sealant, and secondly they were sealed without being cleaned properly, so the dirt is showing through. So, we think that now they need lifting up and new tiles laying (unless anyone knows a way to remove all of the sealants and dirt?!!), and luckily we have enough tiles, flexible adhesive and grout leftover. I'd really like to find someone who has tiled slate several times before just because of the problems we've had over the last week. Ideally we need this job doing this week (eeek!), so if you're available please contact me on 07813 557876 or reply to me directly. I'm happy to explain more over the phone if it helps.

Many thanks,
Louise

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Experienced slate tiler needed in Sheffield to re-tile bathroom floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen