Search the forum,

Discuss expanded foam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

geehippy

I have just started my first paid job. I visited the customer prior to starting the job to measure up and set a price. The job was to tile a small bathroom all mats provided. The problem was that where the old bath had been removed and the new bath fitted, a lot of plaster had been lost at the foot of the bath. The customer said that they would sort this out . When i returned to start the job I found that he had used expanding foam filler to fill the holes, which were about 3 inches deep.
I have tiled over the foam but I am not in the slightest bit confident that they won't fall off as soon as the wind changes direction or some one looks at them funny.
Anybody got experiance of this?

D

davy_G

Have not tiles over expanding foam but how much of the tile had contact with the substraight? If it was 50% or over the should be OK with a good adhesive and a good twist of the tile.

Reply to expanded foam in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen