Search the forum,

Discuss Example - Though please vote too in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Just seen a Rubi 200 dw witch cuts 1m tiles on buybrand tools, It was beautiful:yes:

T

tiler burden

rubi have the best marketing strategy by a long long way but

the ts range are limited
the tx range are needlessly too heavy
the ti range are not as good as montolit/sigma (cutting and build quality)
the wet cutters are ok except that new nd180

cant for the life of me understand why a brand that are so average have dominated the market so much. then again there are alot more fords than bmws in this country but it doesnt mean they are better does it??

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i completely agree with tiler burden here , my first tile cutter was a ts30 and i loved it more than my dear old muvver, but nowadays rubi cutters are like dinosaurs , im even going to replace my dear old ts30 sniff sniff.... :cryin:

M

Mad Hatter

I've got to admit to being a bit of a Ruby addict.

I bought a TX700 a couple of weeks ago and it really is the business in my eyes, albeit a little heavy and on the large size for taking on jobs such as kitchen splashbacks.

I went in CTD today to pick up some materials and I only came away with a TS40 in the back of the van as I've got a big contract on kitchen splashbacks on and I thought it'd be just the right size for the job. I'm undecided about it at the moment due to that fixed breaking point but it does the job alright and I'm sure it will grow on me.

So my very good vote is for the TX700 and I'd give an undecided for the TS40.

God only knows what I'll come home with next week...:lol:

Reply to Example - Though please vote too in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen