Search the forum,

Discuss Etched metal tile trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Unfortunately I allowed some adhesive to squeeze underneath the protective plastic of a brushed metal trim.
This looks to have etched the metal.
Would this polish out with T-Cut or similar?

W

WetSaw

What is the trim? Stainless is usually OK, the anodised and some cheaper aluminium ones can be more difficult. Schluter do a polish but Autosol or similar is worth a go.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve used autosol before on marked trim and it’s worked a treat, depends on how deep the damage is, if it’s superficial then it should clear with a bit of elbow grease

O

On one

What is the trim? Stainless is usually OK, the anodised and some cheaper aluminium ones can be more difficult. Schluter do a polish but Autosol or similar is worth a go.
You've hit the nail on the head there.......it was a cheaper end of the market trim!

O

On one

I dont have a picture and it might be hard to pick it up on a camera.
It is a brushed trim but the etched part looks like a polished trim
Not deep at all......just a different shade

T

Timeless Tiling

Sorry this is going of subject but what size of spacers would I use on plank tiles thanks

Reply to Etched metal tile trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen