Discuss Encouraging News For TILERS - Front line word in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Encouraging News for Tilers. (and others)

Having just returned from the Home Improvement event I can tell you that people ARE SPENDING money and they do have projects in mind for 2010.

I take my cue from other exhibitors who tell me lead generation for big ticket items like showers, sinks etc is healthy. But we take our OWN cues from direct sales. Our kit at £49.99 sold very well because people have project work coming up.

This is good news for tilers because I can tell you that we are talking to a lot of clients at the early stage of planning next years projects.

Having spoke to these clients on our stand the message is that they are not bothering to save up - due to the rubbish interest rate and they see projects like bathrooms and kitchens as better investments than holidays or savings.

This is not some spin doctor talk. This is our living. Its how we pay the bills. We (and other exhibitors) who have "seen it all" and have been on the road for a number of years can smell Bull**** a mile away.

If we hear the words "Let me think about it..." or "Can I come back later" Then we know we have tyre kickers and ice cream lickers (people on a day out) But everyone is saying that the mood for 2010 is positive when it comes to redoing a bathroom and other projects.

My guess is that you guys will have work for 2010 !

I'm up in BIRMINGHAM this Friday for 3 days at Grand Designs. What I'll do is see if the mood is the same further north. And I'll report back !

But I believe the appetite for project work next year will be good.

H

heavytrevy

Yes its good news :thumbsup:
Ive seen a very big turn around in the last 2 mths , but I think us Aussies are alittle ahead economy wise.

Ive got about 6 houses and 4 units ahead of me for the next 3 mths :hurray:

Regards
Trev

D

david campbell

cracking news m8!:thumbsup:
sure to cheer up a few people who are struggling at the moment

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Encouraging News for Tilers. (and others)

Having just returned from the Home Improvement event I can tell you that people ARE SPENDING money and they do have projects in mind for 2010.

I take my cue from other exhibitors who tell me lead generation for big ticket items like showers, sinks etc is healthy. But we take our OWN cues from direct sales. Our kit at £49.99 sold very well because people have project work coming up.

This is good news for tilers because I can tell you that we are talking to a lot of clients at the early stage of planning next years projects.

Having spoke to these clients on our stand the message is that they are not bothering to save up - due to the rubbish interest rate and they see projects like bathrooms and kitchens as better investments than holidays or savings.

This is not some spin doctor talk. This is our living. Its how we pay the bills. We (and other exhibitors) who have "seen it all" and have been on the road for a number of years can smell Bull**** a mile away.

If we hear the words "Let me think about it..." or "Can I come back later" Then we know we have tyre kickers and ice cream lickers (people on a day out) But everyone is saying that the mood for 2010 is positive when it comes to redoing a bathroom and other projects.

My guess is that you guys will have work for 2010 !

I'm up in BIRMINGHAM this Friday for 3 days at Grand Designs. What I'll do is see if the mood is the same further north. And I'll report back !

But I believe the appetite for project work next year will be good.

That's brilliant news, thank Rich.

It sort of makes sense. People have been waiting a bit to see what the market is doing, and as it's not really got worse (though could it?!) they're starting to think about sorting their homes out now rather than selling, or those that could buy with a low percent mortgage have got a bargain and have bought now. I guess they're all just waiting to get Christmas out of the way for finance reasons and weather, and then I guess we'll see lots more people 'doing up' property.

That said, I think we'll see a lot more unemployed, and a lot more setting up on their own doing whatever (and tiling) so I think you guys need to start thinking NOW about how to be different to the newer guys.

Perhaps an NVQ, perhaps just some marketing, perhaps just new logo's, cards etc, perhaps getting new contacts supplier-wise. Whatever.

Thanks again Rich and be sure to report back. Really pleased to hear you're doing okay and that you've spotted the buyers are buying again. Really nice to hear generally for all the lads sake.

D

DHTiling

Perhaps an NVQ, perhaps just some marketing, perhaps just new logo's, cards etc, perhaps getting new contacts supplier-wise

Good idea...i am looking at some nice biz cards( replace old design) and also members should look at getting themselves a top class website... like one from Mistore. I have and can say the responce from customers has been good.

D

Deleted member 1779

Neale yes see you on Friday..... You know you cant miss us!

About time we heard good news. See you Friday Richard.:thumbsup:

6830_144133277013_617362013_2640869_4948520_n.jpg

If you cant see you - you HEAR us.

Reply to Encouraging News For TILERS - Front line word in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22