Search the forum,

Discuss Dunlop Tile on Wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

john306

Went into a tile store today looking for bathroom floor tiles, got talking to the bloke there about backer boards prices onto my T&G wood floor, he said just use Dunlop Tile on Wood adhesive straight onto the floorboards.
Anyone had any experience of this product?
Tile on Wood
I'm a bit dubious to say the least after having read loads on this forum.
Thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
all in one, ready mixed adhesive and grout, to tile onto t&g floorboards.... lol-045.gif

mite as well just use blue tac...

D

DHTiling

Hi..

Please do not use that garbage.. it takes for ever to go off and IMO is useless..

Stick tot he advice you have read via the forum and then use a suitable S1 / S2 adhesive.. not a dispersion tubbed gimmick.

P

Peter

At the very least, you'd need a 2 part flexible adhesive on a completely rigid floor, but it's more economical to overboard anyway.

Regarding the readymixed 'adhesivee & grout', there are many stories of it taking days and weeks to set. What makes me laugh is that it's usually about 3 times the price of twice the amount of good quality adhesive :lol:

Reply to Dunlop Tile on Wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen