Search the forum,

Discuss Don't cut corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

prceramics

Relayed a bathroom floor today after cracks started appearing in the tiles, the customer lost the details of the tiler that done it originally so could not call them back, He had laid hardi on top of floorboards and the cracks were appearing where the hardi boards joined after close inspection he had just simply nailed it down no adhesive just nails, Close but no cigar :(

P

prceramics

they had worked loose and was bouncing around seems a shame went to the trouble of laying the hardi

M

Mr T

Correction "no adhesive"... Or screws. Just nails.. Lol joke mate. im guessing you was able to just re-use the original hardi boards? Cheers

P

prceramics

no mate they all came up in places is had separated ripped it all up and started again

P

prceramics

yeah that's true mate found that strange there rep also told me the use of washers would weaken it, didn't understand that

Reply to Don't cut corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen