Discuss Does this price sound about right? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gmt1981

I've finally backer-boarded a very small ensuite ready for tiling, but unfortunately our tiler has let us down and says he can't come until September after already waiting since July for him.

We're currently sleeping downstairs until the floor can be laid and then get the carpet in, so someone popped round last night to quote who has availability next week.

The job itself is 4.5m of crackle glaze subway tiles onto already primed backer board. A few cuts are required as its in a 760mm shower enclosure but it's a straight forward job. A further 1.8m2 of 30mmx20mm trav tiles will need to be laid on the floor.

I will be sealing tiles before and after laying and supplying all materials. We have been quoted 450 pounds for the labour which seems a little excessive, but would welcome your thoughts on this before deciding on our next steps.

Many thanks
Graham

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
both sets of tiles need sealing ...so could be alot of hanging around or return trips.
how dose the price compare to the 1st tiler that let you down?
prices vary alot from place to place......round my way i would knock about £100 to £130 off that price.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We don't normally recommend discussing prices in the open forums as prices vary from area to area .

If any member wishes to advise via the PM system , then feel free to do so...

Reply to Does this price sound about right? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay