Currently reading:
Ditra And Underfloor Heating

Discuss Ditra And Underfloor Heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

Hi Jonny
Wet ufh?
Floor area?
Sure Ditra would say No.
If you are happy to have a go I think it would depend on how much control / trust you have in the plumber with the floor temp / ramp up temp, when it is turned on.
Yes, I have done it, and was fine. Floor went on after about 8 weeks and was ramped up over 2 weeks slowly. I know and trusted the plumber and he went to site every other day to check temp.
I sure there will be a many you will slate me for doing it....... But in the real world sometimes you can't go by the book.

T

Time's Ran Out

If the heating has been pressure tested then it will be fine to tile on the Ditra as you've suggested and also for the commissioning to be done slowly.
However what guarantee do you have that the client won't increase the temperature if the weather turns cold.
And as there is only word of mouth documentation that the zones have been set out with the correct insulation , how can you be confident of an even distribution of heat! Had a stone floor a couple of years ago showing 32 degrees in the middle and 12 degrees a metre from an outside wall.
We rarely get the right information prior to being asked to tile a screed. There needs to be regulation and a technical sheet provided down the line.
'It's a cement screed and wet underfloor heating ' - just doesn't work anymore.

Reply to Ditra And Underfloor Heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement