Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Gary Sheffield from Alpine Training has been going since well before all the other training centre's popped up, he owns his business lock and stock and has done for years. He runs a tiling contracting firm and a training centre. And he only does tiling training too.

B

bickers

Thanks dan i have had a chat with alpine but Gary is away til the 16 nov so waiting for him to get back so i can have a chat with him, sort out my 1 day trip and go from there, down side is its going to cost atleast another £600 for the accomodation and i will have to use more annual leave.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're doing this to make a living out of it, it's worth travelling to the right training centre. If it's more a DIY/home project thing, then sure, nearly all would be suitable.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Bickers
If you are doing it for a career change then have you not though about traveling up north as many do to us at NETT, www.learntotile.co.uk, we have set upabsolutly hundreds and hundreds of businesses and also have hundreds of members on here that are running successfull businesses in tiling, their is a lot of possitive feedback( the most on here from any other centre) on here about us so you can be gaurenteed a top course, we have put a discount offer on to help out with travel / accomodation costs, we train people as you will see from the feedback from all corners of the UK, on the course you will get full start up advice as well, keeping accounts, pricing, measuring, all background info, how to maximise your earnings from tiling plus learning the trade in the fastest possible way. My name is Darren and i own and deliver the tiling training course at our place.
Any questions just let me know or give Tracey a ring on 0191 4274529
Cheers

B

bickers

Hi and thanks Darren, to be honest i havent looked that far away due to convenience but it makes sense now you mention it, i mean if im going to pay for accomodation anyway i could do the course anywhere.
I will have a look around more now you have brought that to my attention.
Thanks again

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
No problem
We have trained people from all over the UK for about 6 years now so we are well established, we are really easy to get to, fly easy jet straight into newcastle and then 1 tube ride from the airport terminal down to the b and bs and the training centre or train straight into newcastle central then 1 tube ride from inside the train station down to the training centre and the B and Bs, all the b and bs on our site are within walking distance of the training centre. I personally do the training so i can gaurentee you will not be dissapointed with what knowledge and standard you leave with. I have been self employed now for over 20 years which i try and pass on so you have the benefits of my experience.
People fail to see how important the business side of tiling is, you could be the best tiler in the world technically but if you dont know how to market yourself, or sell yourself and your services to your customers or even understand your customers ways, you aint gonna make any money, we teach you how to be successfull in all of these aspects as well as the actual tiling training, After leaving our courses you should know exactly the right direction to head in
If you need any advice at all, Tracey or myself would be happy to give it to you
Regards
Darren

C

charliejamesuk

I completed the forms from my credit card company on Monday. I bet this will be a long process.....
Also started at Able Skills on Saturday, I should have gone with them from the start. Great facilities and staff.

B

Bathpool

I have been in touch with companies house again this morning, they have still not been informed about the liquidation or who the receivers are. They said there is no time limit as it depends on the type of administration or receivership that is in place. They did say they are chasing them for late submission of the annual accounts though. I have had no communication as a creditor from anyone either. Also nothing back from my credit card company yet - all very frustrating.
Essex Tilings (Diamond Training) registered company number is 6364187, if that helps anyone trying to get their money back.

J

jim-meister

Hi Guys,

I shelled out £250 around a month ago via my debit card as a deposit for a 6 week advanced Tiling course with Diamond starting in January.
I went to onto their site today and it was down, then the phone wasnt answered when i called etc etc.
It wasnt until i googled them and came across this forums thread that i have just discovered whats happened.

1. As stated above i paid by debit card, can i get my money back?
2. I desperately still want to take up tiling as a full time career, therefore need a good course.I am located in West Sussex and a course spread over weekend would be best for me , however i am young and ambitous and want to be the best i possibly can so would be grateful for suggestions on which company/course to replace diamond.

Jimmy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I shelled out £250 around a month ago via my debit card as a deposit for a 6 week advanced Tiling course with Diamond starting in January.
I went to onto their site today and it was down, then the phone wasnt answered when i called etc etc.
It wasnt until i googled them and came across this forums thread that i have just discovered whats happened.

1. As stated above i paid by debit card, can i get my money back?
2. I desperately still want to take up tiling as a full time career, therefore need a good course.I am located in West Sussex and a course spread over weekend would be best for me , however i am young and ambitous and want to be the best i possibly can so would be grateful for suggestions on which company/course to replace diamond.

Jimmy

Hi and welcome. Yeah you can get your money back via your CC company. Give them a call and they'll send the forms out for you to fill in.

As for southern training centres, checkout Plumbing Course | Construction Training | Electrician Courses | DIY Skills and Tiling Courses and Training: 1-6 Week Courses in Tiling

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen