Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt dw089k laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I want to get myself a self leveling laser but im in such a rut what to get !! obviously i dont want to spend a packet on one but i dont want to regret not spending enough on one .......anyway dewalt have now chucked a spanner in my works by bringing out the dw089k.its got a much better laser and fine tuning on its predesesor but is nearly double price...bout £310 delivered.sorry still dont know how to put links up yet.Any advice off my buds would be appreciated :smilewinkgrin:

M

Muse2k8

I was tight and got the Bosch one off of amazon for £30... Its a self levelling laser, shows a cross (can't be altered) and never had a problem.

N

NZ_Tiler

I brought the bosch pcl 20 with telescopic pole (sold seperate). Have had it for 6months, only problem is the battries run out on me, every couple of months. So buy some rechargeables. The laser is automatic self leveling, except when the battries are low, its very obvious when it happens, so no chance of a false line.

The telescopic pole is very practical, takes up less room then a tripod, and can the laser can be fixed at lower and higher heights, compared to a tripod. So its great for getting the first row cut, or tiling from top to bottom.

Bosch PCL 20 - YouTube

B

burncross

I got a cheap stanley one about 3 years ago, used it about 4 times, waste of money

only good thing about it, was that it came with an extendable pole

may treat myself to a Dewalt one one day

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive ended up getting the leica lino L2. Had it bout a week now and used it today for first time.(I cut my first row in and worked up from there )was a bit sceptical of doing this way but it worked a treat......and dont have to finish off the bottom row anymore ...yeeeehaaa !!!! reason i bought this was it had similar ratings to the dewalt 088,the makita etc ,but managed to get a free pole with the purchase for about £210.:hurray:

Reply to dewalt dw089k laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen