Discuss Decoupling Membrane suppliers in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

vman

-
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for advice for decoupling membrane.
I have around 60m2 to tile with 20mm limestone tiles. Main room is 40m2 with expansion gap in mmiddle. I have put wet UFH and screeded with sand cement. Screed has been down and 10 weeks now and heating has been on full blast with no problems.
Concesus is I need a decoupling membrane from reading up. I was wanting some recommendations, I know Ditra has been around a while but are there any lesser known brands a bit cheaper or other decoupling solutions about and a good place to buy (I notice ebay has version)
I know it's a layer between the sub base and the tiles and the idea is to stop cracking, I know nothing else.

Thanks
Rob

vman

-
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for advice for decoupling membrane.
I have around 60m2 to tile with 20mm limestone tiles. Main room is 40m2 with expansion gap in mmiddle. I have put wet UFH and screeded with sand cement. Screed has been down and 10 weeks now and heating has been on full blast with no problems.
Concesus is I need a decoupling membrane from reading up. I was wanting some recommendations, I know Ditra has been around a while but are there any lesser known brands a bit cheaper or other decoupling solutions about and a good place to buy (I notice ebay has version)
I know it's a layer between the sub base and the tiles and the idea is to stop cracking, I know nothing else.

Thanks
Rob

Well I have found Dural Durabase CI++ Decoupling Membrane for an OK price on ebay so going for that.

I was going to use the mapei rapid set in white, I dont't think I need flexible adhesive do I? there will be some going in a small bathroom do you think I would need flexible in there?

Thanks

Reply to Decoupling Membrane suppliers in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks