Discuss De bonded floor in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If it looks like the client is going to demand satisfaction, you could try to negotiate accepting half the liability & get something signed to the effect that it's full & final settlement of that matter
do not try to negotiate. You are either liable or you are not. In law, if you admit or acknowledge any liability you cannot go backwards. If you need some expert technical advice try Dr Neil Beningfield of Beningfield Associates. If you tell him I (Alan Jackson) recommended him he will give you advice over the phone and you can then decide if its worth getting a proper report done.

On the face of it people might say that it seems that you have probably been negligent however in litigation it is never that simple. For example in supplying the materials for the installation the client has demonstrated a level of expertise which would suggest that he too should have known about things like moisture content, commissioning etc and it is as much his duty as an expert to inform you as it is your duty to ask.

Neil has gotten many people sorted in these sorts of disputes and I recommend him very highly.

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
do not try to negotiate. You are either liable or you are not. In law, if you admit or acknowledge any liability you cannot go backwards. If you need some expert technical advice try Dr Neil Beningfield of Beningfield Associates. If you tell him I (Alan Jackson) recommended him he will give you advice over the phone and you can then decide if its worth getting a proper report done.

On the face of it people might say that it seems that you have probably been negligent however in litigation it is never that simple. For example in supplying the materials for the installation the client has demonstrated a level of expertise which would suggest that he too should have known about things like moisture content, commissioning etc and it is as much his duty as an expert to inform you as it is your duty to ask.

Neil has gotten many people sorted in these sorts of disputes and I recommend him very highly.
I think we're all going to be making a note of Dr Neil Benningfield.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think we're all going to be making a note of Dr Neil Benningfield.
Make sure you mention my name.... I can claim a free lunch then ;)

Reply to De bonded floor in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks