Search the forum,

Discuss Damp proofing a concrete floor? Anyone Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smac74

I start the job in a couple of weeks - Need to source a decent DPM?

Kitchen/ Dining Room Floor (25sqm)

I am tiling onto a concrete floor that was laid without a Damp Proof Membrane. They had the floor tiled about 15yrs ago in Terrorcotta, the tilers who fitted it apparently painted the floor with some sort of waterproofing before tiling.
The waterproofing will no doubt get knackered when I take up the floor tiles. I suppose after being down for 15yrs it will be ready for replacing...

I have found two or three places that do what I am looking for i.e Epoxy based waterproofing etc. They require the floor to be totally clean and I don't know if the waterproofing will clean up that easy.

"Can you suggest a product I could use, or know where I could find out?" Cost is a factor, got to cover 25sqm, plus theres undertile heating to go down- being laid on top of tile backerboard"...

thanks

steve

W

wetdec

Hi you could stick down a Durabase WP membrane with flex adhesive, then substrate board same adhesive, then cable overlaid with slc then tile when dry m8, 25m of membrane around 200 inc

tiler

W

White Room

There is a company thats using durabase as waterproof membrain on walls and suggests that you can use gypsum plaster when fitted, Thats got to be good

S

smac74

Hi you could stick down a Durabase WP membrane with flex adhesive, then substrate board same adhesive, then cable overlaid with slc then tile when dry m8, 25m of membrane around 200 inc

tiler

That sounds ok thanks, could you tell me who stocks Durabase WP membrane please?

Reply to Damp proofing a concrete floor? Anyone Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen