Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss cut tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

peterhouse

hi guys halfway through tiling small room,10tiles across 8 down ,with 100mill gap eiter side.Do i put in 100mcut tiles in before full one or leave it till i done all tiles then fill in the edges, and does the cut side go facing
the wall or the tiles. hope this makes sense thx

G

Gazzer

Cuts before or after, doesnt really make any difference. I do it as i go but what ever you feel better with. Cut edge into skirtng or wall.:thumbsup:

D

dagger

always put factory edges against factory edges, and you can put the cuts in last!

hope this helps!

T

Time's Ran Out

Grandad! Put all the full tiles up first then the cuts to the sides - with the cut edges to the wall.:thumbsup:
The cut edge of a tile is normally thicker and rougher than the finished edge so if you put uneven thicknesses together it does stand out!:thumbsdown:

Timeless John.

D

david campbell

got to agree! cuts go in last,ie-100mm cut may lead to a 120mm cut at the back of the room but you will barely notice over the length of a room:thumbsup:

would maybe try to have the cuts slightly bigger if possible:thumbsup:

P

peterhouse

david thxfor your reply you saidcuts may be different sizes ie 100mm 120mm .ive been jugling the tilesaround to try get cuts same lenghth without sucsses so it is acceptable to have different size cuts? if so it would make life easier lol also been trying to get cuts samesize on otherside come close but not exact does same apply here? i dont do a lot of tiling as you may of guessed thx

D

david campbell

for your cuts to be the same size then the room has to be perfectly square,and as most people will tell you this is just slightly more common than flying pigs!:thumbsup:

Reply to cut tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks