Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked Glaze tile.to seal or no seal...that is the question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tiler Blackpool

Hi Guys.
Anyone ever fixed this tile before? Has hundreds of hairline cracks running through the glaze and soaks in moisture. Never laid them myself before so just wondering if it needs sealing prior to grouting? grouting it later today!! in white grout.
Thanks in advance :thumbsup: tile.jpg

D

David - Tradetiler

I sealed mine at home with Universeal Rapid All-In-1 Sealer (that we sell) it has worked really well, the solvent base allows it to penetrate, Lithofin Stainstop etc will be ok also.

However if you have areas behind a hob where hot fat/oil from a frying pan splashes I really don't recommend this type of tile. Even with the best impregnating sealer you will not be able to totally protect against hot fat/oils splashes.

A topical (coating) sealer would protect but would look ugly on that type of tile plus might not adhere well to the glazed surface.

Reply to Cracked Glaze tile.to seal or no seal...that is the question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement