Search the forum,

Discuss Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Take a look at the new video's on corner tapes website.........

cornertape.co.uk

CornerTape

• 25m rolls for the Professional user.
  • 5m rolls for smaller DIY jobs
  • CornerTape is simple to use and gives perfect joints
  • No experience necessary for a perfect finish
  • Saves time when compared to traditional methods.
  • A much cleaner way of applying sealant
  • Very easy to use
  • Consistant results
  • No skill required at all with a silicone gun

D

dagger

whats wrong with soapy water lightly sprayed and a wet finger?
when you apply your bead of silicone and spray with soapy water some of the soapy water seeps behind the circular bead of silicone, creating a point of non adhesion when you "push" the silicone against the wall.

this is effect is lowered when you tape off as you push the silicone against the tape and peel off, but the silicone pulls away from the wall somewhat!

in essence spray your hand NOT the silicone!

water, soapy water or any moisture and silicone do not mix!

try siliconing straight after a grout wash off!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagger

no water, dry area and a result!

siliconrandtrimupclose.jpg

B

Big-Smudge

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy from CornerTape today! He is a fantastic guy and he went indepth about his product

I have to say, the product is FANTASTIC. I took a video of the demo (Sadly only the last part) as he purposefully made a right pigs ear of intially applying the silicone. The end result was a perfect silicone seal!

Top notch porduct, top notch guy:thumbsup:

Cheers Matt,

Good to meet you too,

Its a bit of an eye opener init, hehe,:smilewinkgrin:

Cheers
Andy

Reply to Corner tape...Start using your head Not your finger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.