Search the forum,

Discuss Cement board screws? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question. What screws should I use/you use on new cement boards in the bathroom before tiling? The Hardie screws are not that great I'm told, do you have any links to screws good for mounting the panels to the wall.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
4.5 heads and 25mm for 6mm boards on floor.
4.5 heads by 35mm+ for walls if going into studs

T

Tommcd

Also now only use turbo gold from scrwfix. Originally used drywall screws but they are so hard to countersink compared to the turbo gold screws

Reply to Cement board screws? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen