Discuss Cement board over anhydrite screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We have a floor to do which has ended up being way to low. We to bring the whole floor up about 14mm before we mat it and tile it. It is 180m in a very old expensive house that has original skirts and stair cases still in place that we need to get up to. We figured a 12.5mm cement board would be the quickest way. There is very little information about fitting cement boards over anhydrite(why would you?) and I would appreciate any smart advice. UFH is in the screed so screwing is out of the question. I appreciate this could throw up all sorts of issues.

H

hmtiling

Anhylevel from tile master
[automerge]1586456305[/automerge]
Think uzin and some other flooring companies do gypsum based levellers too

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Put 15mm of ts-15 screed on top on a polythene membrane

Reaction score
We have a floor to do which has ended up being way to low. We to bring the whole floor up about 14mm before we mat it and tile it. It is 180m in a very old expensive house that has original skirts and stair cases still in place that we need to get up to. We figured a 12.5mm cement board would be the quickest way. There is very little information about fitting cement boards over anhydrite(why would you?) and I would appreciate any smart advice. UFH is in the screed so screwing is out of the question. I appreciate this could throw up all sorts of issues.
Apply another top screed is the only way. Boarding over with a cement board will create a major heat barrier from the existent UFH. I'm afraid you'll have to pay up to save.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not really. The cement board will act as thermal mass just like screed does

Not strictly true mate. Every time you introduce a new layer you introduce a barrier due to the different specific heats of the different layers and the air trapped between the layers. That's said I dont thinking would present a "massive" barrier to heat and is a realistic solution if done properly. I still prefer screed kn screed though with 15mm of TS15.

H

hmtiling

Not strictly true mate. Every time you introduce a new layer you introduce a barrier due to the different specific heats of the different layers and the air trapped between the layers. That's said I dont thinking would present a "massive" barrier to heat and is a realistic solution if done properly. I still prefer screed kn screed though with 15mm of TS15.
If fitted properly shouldn't be any air in between.
By that logic the same would apply to a layer of slc?
[automerge]1588446483[/automerge]
Just read up on that ts15. Definitely the way to go here

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cement board over anhydrite screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks