Search the forum,

Discuss Career change needed, Kent S/E London area. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

They don’t know they’re born these days.

£40 a week for my first year, £75 a week for my second. Didn’t earn a full wage until I started my 5th year.

Image telling a school leaver that today!

Exactly the same amount I was on when I first started.

8 years later it was a tad higher.

Times were good back then. The money was incredible leading up to the Great Recession.

T

Time's Ran Out

I’ve been tiling 45 years and it’s the best trade in the world!
Should you change - NO!
When you retire your pension from the civil service will be enough to enjoy your later life. My dad retired from the Civil Service at 59, moved to Spain and had a great life till 89 - 30 years of full pension in the sun.
Me - no mortgage, a property worth a little bit, a bit of land to develop and a trade that will allow me to pick and choose a little job each month, but I’ll still have to work to match my old mans take home.
The grass is not always greener .
It’ll take you years to match your wages now, and unless your good/decent more years to build up a reputation.
But as I said - this is the best trade in the world!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve been tiling 45 years and it’s the best trade in the world!
Should you change - NO!
When you retire your pension from the civil service will be enough to enjoy your later life. My dad retired from the Civil Service at 59, moved to Spain and had a great life till 89 - 30 years of full pension in the sun.
Me - no mortgage, a property worth a little bit, a bit of land to develop and a trade that will allow me to pick and choose a little job each month, but I’ll still have to work to match my old mans take home.
The grass is not always greener .
It’ll take you years to match your wages now, and unless your good/decent more years to build up a reputation.
But as I said - this is the best trade in the world!
You must have been a late starter

T

Time's Ran Out

Had an education and worked in International Banking till I was 20!
Then started an apprenticeship on £12.50 a week - could have retired 10 years ago a millionaire if I’d stayed in London.
But would I have been happy - too bloody true I would!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Go on Warren, take the plunge!

Look how happy we are!!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Reply to Career change needed, Kent S/E London area. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen