Search the forum,

Discuss big scratch removal - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frogeye

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about going into my local dealer and asking for a large rubber.

But like most of these pro bits of kit - they are worth having - so I will keep both eyes open :yes:

D

DHTiling

Should you require one!! , then here you go....... Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pawelzik

The clear winner, beings none of the others appeared to work was by using a product I bought for cleaning the chrome bits on my frogeye. Similar to solvol autosol - I used 'Peek' - it says it cleans, polishes protects all metals, fibreglass and ceramics.

I used my dremel with a small buffer pad soaked in Peek set to a medium speed and after about 10 mins half the job is done. Well impressed.

Take my thanks for this idea, Martin:thumbsup:

A

Andy Wade

Hi had the same problem with slipping with a grout rake. Left two black marks over glazed wall tiles..

Initially thought an eraser . You know the type - one for pencils and the other end for ink.. no such luck !!!!

Next step good old T Cut - no luck there

Used wet n dry P1000c / 164 which is superfine and with a very wet application removed it.

This way worked for me but these were surface marks on top of the glaze so may not work on every situation.

Luck it works a no spares

Best of Luck

Andy

C

Caroline 63

Hi tiler

yes you are right - it was a metal mark from slipping with a grout removal tool. So if I confused anyone with the 'scratch' description then sorry about that. It looked like a big scratch to me.

I had tried wire wool on an old tile and the results were disasterous - an even bigger mess.

As promised I tried as many ways of removing my 'scratch' as cheap as possible. Tried bath cleaner, toothpaste and t cut and car polish

The clear winner, beings none of the others appeared to work was by using a product I bought for cleaning the chrome bits on my frogeye. Similar to solvol autosol - I used 'Peek' - it says it cleans, polishes protects all metals, fibreglass and ceramics.

I used my dremel with a small buffer pad soaked in Peek set to a medium speed and after about 10 mins half the job is done. Well impressed.

Hope this info helps

frogeye
Hi frogeye - I need to say a massive thank you to you! I am not a tiler but recently had a new bathroom with white matt ceramic tiles, which I scratched with a metal edge on a squeegee. I have been all over Google and tried Cif, toothpaste, vinegar & baking sofa - all to no effect. Looked at tile repair products but couldn't find matt white. Looked again today (in desperation) & found this site & saw your post about Peek polish. Took a few attempts but they are brand new again! Delighted. Thank you so so much!

Reply to big scratch removal - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen