Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How to remove this type of "stain" (picture included) in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to remove this darkening on the tiles? I have tried bleach, Vinegar + Baking Soda , Grout cleaner, mold cleaner , stone cleaner (all with scrubbing) with literally minor to no impact at all. Big thanks to any suggestions.

n8I97P8.jpg

OP
N
Reaction score
Have you any idea what may of caused the stain
Sadly no they were there before I was employed at the place but I have a feeling that it occurs in places on the stairs where more water sits in a small puddle when it rains. They just appear randomly at different places (stay permanently) while the rest of the stair tiles are clean without them. I'm not sure if it's a "stain" (was not sure what else to put in title) as in something was dropped, it could have just appeared cause of possible other reasons cause it's on random different places/tiles.

Last edited:
B

Bill

It is dirty water staining that sits on the tile and not walked off by foot traffic.

Try using a white Scotch-Brite pad or similar. If this cleans up, try and source a tile impregnator/sealer to help keep the tiles clean.

OP
N
Reaction score
It is dirty water staining that sits on the tile and not walked off by foot traffic.

Try using a white Scotch-Brite pad or similar. If this cleans up, try and source a tile impregnator/sealer to help keep the tiles clean.
Thank you I will try this as soon as possible and let you know, do you recommend any type of cleaner (e.g vinegar) to do it with?

OP
N
Reaction score
Hey guy I'm solved the issue someone on another forum suggested professional strength brick and tile cleaner (i used a similar product from the same company which did not work but this one did) which i got and scrubbed with a steel wire brush and it got rid of the stains.

Thanks all who replied

Reply to How to remove this type of "stain" (picture included) in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock