• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss How to remove this type of "stain" (picture included) in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to remove this darkening on the tiles? I have tried bleach, Vinegar + Baking Soda , Grout cleaner, mold cleaner , stone cleaner (all with scrubbing) with literally minor to no impact at all. Big thanks to any suggestions.

jcrtiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Have you any idea what may of caused the stain

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you any idea what may of caused the stain
Sadly no they were there before I was employed at the place but I have a feeling that it occurs in places on the stairs where more water sits in a small puddle when it rains. They just appear randomly at different places (stay permanently) while the rest of the stair tiles are clean without them. I'm not sure if it's a "stain" (was not sure what else to put in title) as in something was dropped, it could have just appeared cause of possible other reasons cause it's on random different places/tiles.

Last edited:

Tom Astley

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
It is dirty water staining that sits on the tile and not walked off by foot traffic.

Try using a white Scotch-Brite pad or similar. If this cleans up, try and source a tile impregnator/sealer to help keep the tiles clean.

It is dirty water staining that sits on the tile and not walked off by foot traffic.

Try using a white Scotch-Brite pad or similar. If this cleans up, try and source a tile impregnator/sealer to help keep the tiles clean.
Thank you I will try this as soon as possible and let you know, do you recommend any type of cleaner (e.g vinegar) to do it with?

JulianSidney

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Hey guy I'm solved the issue someone on another forum suggested professional strength brick and tile cleaner (i used a similar product from the same company which did not work but this one did) which i got and scrubbed with a steel wire brush and it got rid of the stains.

Thanks all who replied

Reply to How to remove this type of "stain" (picture included) in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Jobs Find a Tiler Tile News

Top Bottom