Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss big scratch removal - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TilingLogistics

I would try the t-cut first before trying these expensive products from aquamix....plus there are better and cheaper products about as well.......

Dave,

Can you let me know what they are or PM me if you are not allowed to say as I don't want to keep wasting my money on Aquamix if there are better things out there because i spend about £400 a month on the stuff Thanks

Kev

W

wetdec

If you are on about a metal mark rather than an actual scratch then T-cut and wire wool m8

tiler

F

frogeye

Hi tiler

yes you are right - it was a metal mark from slipping with a grout removal tool. So if I confused anyone with the 'scratch' description then sorry about that. It looked like a big scratch to me.

I had tried wire wool on an old tile and the results were disasterous - an even bigger mess.

As promised I tried as many ways of removing my 'scratch' as cheap as possible. Tried bath cleaner, toothpaste and t cut and car polish

The clear winner, beings none of the others appeared to work was by using a product I bought for cleaning the chrome bits on my frogeye. Similar to solvol autosol - I used 'Peek' - it says it cleans, polishes protects all metals, fibreglass and ceramics.

I used my dremel with a small buffer pad soaked in Peek set to a medium speed and after about 10 mins half the job is done. Well impressed.

Hope this info helps

frogeye

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
nano scrub and a bath rubber - what are they?
Am I really the first person to do this? :yes: (surely not)

frogeye
a bath rubber is what a plumber uses to take marks out of baths and other pottery and has saved my life on one or two occasions, :sifone:

F

frogeye

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about going into my local dealer and asking for a large rubber.

But like most of these pro bits of kit - they are worth having - so I will keep both eyes open :yes:

D

DHTiling

Should you require one!! , then here you go....... Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pawelzik

The clear winner, beings none of the others appeared to work was by using a product I bought for cleaning the chrome bits on my frogeye. Similar to solvol autosol - I used 'Peek' - it says it cleans, polishes protects all metals, fibreglass and ceramics.

I used my dremel with a small buffer pad soaked in Peek set to a medium speed and after about 10 mins half the job is done. Well impressed.

Take my thanks for this idea, Martin:thumbsup:

A

Andy Wade

Hi had the same problem with slipping with a grout rake. Left two black marks over glazed wall tiles..

Initially thought an eraser . You know the type - one for pencils and the other end for ink.. no such luck !!!!

Next step good old T Cut - no luck there

Used wet n dry P1000c / 164 which is superfine and with a very wet application removed it.

This way worked for me but these were surface marks on top of the glaze so may not work on every situation.

Luck it works a no spares

Best of Luck

Andy

C

Caroline 63

Hi tiler

yes you are right - it was a metal mark from slipping with a grout removal tool. So if I confused anyone with the 'scratch' description then sorry about that. It looked like a big scratch to me.

I had tried wire wool on an old tile and the results were disasterous - an even bigger mess.

As promised I tried as many ways of removing my 'scratch' as cheap as possible. Tried bath cleaner, toothpaste and t cut and car polish

Hope this info helps

frogeye
Hi frogeye - I need to say a massive thank you to you! I am not a tiler but recently had a new bathroom with white matt ceramic tiles, which I scratched with a metal edge on a squeegee. I have been all over Google and tried Cif, toothpaste, vinegar & baking sofa - all to no effect. Looked at tile repair products but couldn't find matt white. Looked again today (in desperation) & found this site & saw your post about Peek polish. Took a few attempts but they are brand new again! Delighted. Thank you so so much!

Reply to big scratch removal - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks