Search the forum,

Discuss Bevel Tiles after Wet/Dry Cut ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Yep, as Brian has mentioned, it is easier to tile upo to the foot of a unit, that way the kick board sits on top and nothing else is seen ;) not to criticize your work mate :)

D

DHTiling

It's not grouted and lights can be deceiving lads.....give him a break...lol...

But next time albert just cut tiles upto the foot of the leg...will save loads of time nibblin around them...and grout it first before putting pics up.....keeps this lot happy..:lol:

P

Polished

cheers guys, it's a dreadful pic with a camera phone and it's grouted now lol :) Florescent lights on polished tile. Completely take on board about tiling up to the legs, not realising that the kictboard is about 20mm and would cover it doh ! Talk about making work for myself - seems this little project has done that throughout :dizzy2:

B

brian c

ALBERT,its a good job m8 just trying to give you a few pointers for next time or if you have enough tiles(redo)so dont be hard on yourself m8 its a great effort.

In addition.have you checked to see if the tiles need sealed or not?if you havent get some lithofin impregnator and try it on a spare bit of tile before you attempt to seal the floor.If it forms a small pool of sealer straight away then the chances are it doesnt need sealing but if the tile doesnt do this imediately then the tiles will probably need sealed.

If you are unsure of anything just ask m8,we arte here to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polished

completely appreciate all the comments guys, good, bad or indifferent - it's the only way for me to learn, and I don't think i'll be giving up the day job yet not by a long shot lol can't imagine spending the next 20 years on my knees - or does marriage do that to you anyhow ? LMAO.

Attachments

• HPIM0653.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 34
D

DHTiling

Nice pics...albert......see looks different again grouted.....same on the walls i see..?

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Nice pics...albert......see looks different again grouted.....same on the walls i see..?

As we all know lol, or is that just an excuse :D ( it'll look different again when it's grouted madam ...lol ) Nice job, and as you have said Polished, a learning curve, just remember about tiling up to the foot and your laughing.

Reply to Bevel Tiles after Wet/Dry Cut ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen