Search the forum,

Discuss Better quality pics of curved wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

wow! what did you make the curved wall with?

Not allowed to say on this forum
My plumber constructed it with a certain wet room system !

Though the particular brand of the stuff used to make that shower space may not be named (I think there's a sponsor here on the forums which sells such products, as Leatherface indicates), I can tell you of the type of material it most likely was made from; fibre reinforced extruded polystyrene boards.

There are several makes. They are made in many thicknesses, pre made shapes, and the shower space in the pictures is probably made from one which is "curvable".
Really nifty and easy to work with, though slightly pricy for regular jobs. I prefer this type of material to plasterboard when making shelves and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Though the particular brand of the stuff used to make that shower space may not be named (I think there's a sponsor here on the forums which sells such products, as Leatherface indicates), I can tell you of the type of material it most likely was made from; fibre reinforced extruded polystyrene boards.

There are several makes. They are made in many thicknesses, pre made shapes, and the shower space in the pictures is probably made from one which is "curvable".
Really nifty and easy to work with, though not slightly pricy for regular jobs. I prefer this type of material to plasterboard when making shelves and such.

Boards did take a little bit of heating with a heat gun to help them to curve, do have a tendency to snap at a certain curvature when cold

beanz

TF
Berkshire

Really nifty and easy to work with, though slightly pricy for regular jobs. I prefer this type of material to plasterboard when making shelves and such.

So, we're not allowed to mention brands that compete with our sponsors now!?!?!?! I can appreciate the mods pushing products that sponsor the forum, but i don't think members should be censored because they use something different. That'll just end in our sponsors pushing their prices up, as they are getting a monopoly... That's my 2C's anyway. :rant:

L

Leatherface

leather!! any chance on giving us some more details if you can be bothered, ie how is the shelves were constrcted to take the weight , materials ,time taken etc etc , im sure it would be well appreciated by us all...:hurray:

Will do, leave it with me

By the way, Andy P
are you the same Andy P that we all know and love ?...............

This should be your avatar ,
he he

Attachments

• andy p.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Better quality pics of curved wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.