Discuss Best tile levelling system in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Has any body used bright idea copy of Raimondi clips who has also used rls clips or similar . I use bright idea ones all the time but wondered how they compare

Mark Frost

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've only used perfect level master and they've been great. Never had an issue of the clip breaking from pushing wedge in. Long as joints are fairly clean they snap where you want.. expensive compared to others but like I said. 5* rating from me.

L

LM

In my experience the best system I've used has been the Genisis. I haven't tried any Rubi or MLT systems. Vs the RLS the Genisis system for me is better because it doesn't move the work pieces laterally at all during the clamping process and also therefore can't mark the surface like RLS could on some stone. It is also more versatile in its range of depth. It costs approxamitely 50% more which is the only downside apart from the pliers wearing out too quickly.

P

Psm

I used the twist on self levelling system as shown on page 1 of this thread. I found they worked really well.
There two types; one with a cross which also acts as a 2mm spacer, and one with a straight line, also acting as a 2mm spacer. The cross is for using where 4 tiles meet, the line is for other joints.
Due to my layout, I used the line spacers, but wanted a 4mm gap so had to also use traditional spacers. I used 3 clips per joint!!

When tightening them, both tiles will move slightly, giving an almost perfect joint. To remove them, I gave the yellow know a swift whack in line with the joint and then the yellow bit is reuseable once you remove the spree from it. I'd highly recommend these.

IMG_8543.JPG

B

Bill

Has any body used bright idea copy of Raimondi clips who has also used rls clips or similar . I use bright idea ones all the time but wondered how they compare
I have, they are OK on larger tiles - 800mm plus but I found on the smaller 600 or so that they broke more easily probably due to less flex on the tile.

I currently use the Mustang clips as there is a local supplier nearby.

B

Bill

One more point, if you can buy direct off Bright Ideas, which I did, they are the cheapest around and I will recommend them for most tiles.

Good thing with the Mustangs was the ability to use them on thicker tiles/stone.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
One more point, if you can buy direct off Bright Ideas, which I did, they are the cheapest around and I will recommend them for most tiles.

Good thing with the Mustangs was the ability to use them on thicker tiles/stone.
Hi Tom
searched their catalogue, cant seem to find their system, any pics and contact number etc.
Thanks

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm using these at the moment - nice and chunky!

20170605_183931.jpg

Reply to Best tile levelling system in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks