Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best tile levelling system in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My localish shop do them in bags of 100 - they're website said they do them in 500s too but didn't have any left. I don't use pliers.
Going to ask CTD if they'll stock them as they only have the lash clips in with the curved base.

OP
F

Flintstone

Andy Carrol sells them mustang clips and doesn't shut up about them, being a none clip user I don't know how good they are !

OP
F

Flintstone

Ha! I have tried them on some thin 800x800 porcelain and I they were useful for that, but i don't generally get jobs with tiles that size. I've had years of adjusting for bad surfaces so I'm pretty damn good at acheiving a flat finish. I would get some tho If I found myself doing a job with big tiles

Reaction score
at the moment we stock nivellos and rubi but what is the best system out there our customers are wanting me to supply the best,,,any suggestions>

OP
L

LM

at the moment we stock nivellos and rubi but what is the best system out there our customers are wanting me to supply the best,,,any suggestions>
That's one hell of a debate Stu, there's lots of arguments for and against most decent systems.
Performance and price can alternate in preference depending on requirement.
Vertical vs horizontal force for clamping. Each have their own merits depending on the task at hand imo.

Reaction score
That's one hell of a debate Stu, there's lots of arguments for and against most decent systems.
Performance and price can alternate in preference depending on requirement.
Vertical vs horizontal force for clamping. Each have their own merits depending on the task at hand imo.
forget price as we only sell quality...I am a firm believer in buy cheap buy twice...if cost was not a issue and it was purely based on quality and longevity of the product what would you use?

Kind regards Stu

OP
L

LM

From my own experience Genesis, more time consuming perhaps than RLS, but a better outcome, no intertuption with set out lines at all, no scratching of delicate surfaces and a 70mm range of application.
I haven't tried MLT but @3_fall has and he rates them highly also, although I'm not sure if he's compared them against Genesis.

OP
L

LM

No I haven't Lee, funnily enough was thinking of actually trying them today.
Sorry Marc I thought you'd tried them on that porcelthin floor you had to uplift and replace a few months ago, I've obviously got mixed up.

OP
O

Old Mod

Sorry Marc I thought you'd tried them on that porcelthin floor you had to uplift and replace a few months ago, I've obviously got mixed up.
Haha I did. :p
No, I haven't compared them to the genesis. I was thinking of getting the genesis so that I could compare them.

Reply to Best tile levelling system in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock