Discuss Best addy for glass tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bluemoon

hiya boys need to pick your brains again.just got a little splashback round a bath,100mm glass tiles ,4 high round the bath onto skimmed plasterboard and was wondering what addy you boys would use(tubbed hopefully).cheers boys.

C

charlie1

There is a tubbed addy you can get for glass tiles but i forget what it was called.

G

GazTech

hiya boys need to pick your brains again.just got a little splashback round a bath,100mm glass tiles ,4 high round the bath onto skimmed plasterboard and was wondering what addy you boys would use(tubbed hopefully).cheers boys.
Hi bluemoon, this is not tubbed but was specially made for glass tiles, available in 5,10, and 20kg bags....my favourite adhesive....Gaz
BAL Mosaic-Fix Tile Adhesive
mosaic_fix.jpg

A bright white, non-slip, water and frost-resistant, cementitious wall and floor tile adhesive specially formulated for fixing mosaic tiles including glass mosaics. It is also suitable for fixing ceramic wall and floor tiles, metal or glass tiles, marble, terrazzo, and natural stone in interior and exterior locations. Suitable for use in swimming pools. Can be used on most surfaces including MDF (in internal dry areas).

F

Fekin

Always best check with the tile manufacturer, not the tile shop selling them, but some instruct to use "mirror fix" which comes in a silicone type tube and is applied to the back of the glass tile and placed to the wall.

Always check with the tile manufacturer

D

DTile

We've just got some large glass tiles in (60x30cm). They're obviously heavy - maybe a bit more than porcelain that size - advice to pass on for fixing would be appreciated, please!

G

Gazzer

We've just got some large glass tiles in (60x30cm). They're obviously heavy - maybe a bit more than porcelain that size - advice to pass on for fixing would be appreciated, please!

Do your glass tiles have a coating on the back or are they coloured all the way through?

D

DTile

Thanks for reply, Brian. Hope that's not necessary, though, as smooth effect would be lost by drilling/pinning.
Colm

D

DHTiling

This will be of help to you.......always check with the tile supplier......

How do I fix glass walls tiles?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

no probs......:).......it is always best to ask the manufacturer for suitability.....

P

Pawelzik

Always check with the tile manufacturer

Right Adam. One of my tilers just had a job with heavy glass tiles for 240 m2 and asked the manufacturer. The tiler wanted to be sure so he went for the addy the manufacturer did recommand.

...by the way it was a white bagged addy following C2FT S1...

...therefore I share Gaz recommendation for a white, fast, flexible adhesive.
Martin

Reply to Best addy for glass tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks