Discuss Bathroom to be overhauled in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi guys looking To re tile a small bathroom, have called a few tilers some have replied some haven’t, the ones that have all replied have all offered conflicting advice, appreciate it’s a busy time for tradespeople

needing to replace a bathroom suite as well as trying to make place seem larger.

but I just want to know what’s best for me not them, thinking of using a tile 600x300mm for wall and floor matching, I like the brickwork effectthey a porcelain tile(pretend looking marble)some tilers have said they don’t need sealed, but tile supplier, said need sealed prior to grouting and ideally cleaned before that.

The tile supplier seems very knowledgable and I don’t think. They just trying to sell me more, however a few tilers want me to buy tiles at the tiling companies they go to, however they don’t have my colour

with regards to two of the walls they are on bare brick and I know a mess will be made when removed, I have been told rather than use dot and dab and plaster boards aqua one, I should use the tile backer boards, it then tank the area behind where the bath and shower area is, shower inside bath

however one tiler said he suggested getting walls plastered

i would like the bath panel tiled, but i Realise that’s not sensible for access.

can I ask what makes a decent tile they are pei rating 4, Turkish made, will that be a nightmare for tiler is that classed as a inferior tile, I know if doing a job using half decent materials is half the battle

looking to get. Wall hung vanity unit and mirror for hopefully illusion of space

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning...
Are the tiles polished porcelain etc. Maybe a link do we can see what your buying.
As for the walls , they need to be as flat as possible and wet areas are now advised to be waterproofed.
you can dryline and apply a tanking paste, a quicker and cheaper method than backer boards etc.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’m used with links and technology they called Milan polished tiles is the name from total tiles, thanks for advice on dry line
Just looked at them. Normally a through bodied polished porcelain requires an impregnating sealer to seal the open pores generated from the polishing process to aid in maintenance of the tiles , now from what i see it’s a high polished finish but a glazed tile , you can’t get that marble effect with a hd print and glaze, ring total tikes and and ask why they advise sealing.

Reaction score
Just looked at them. Normally a through bodied polished porcelain requires an impregnating sealer to seal the open pores generated from the polishing process to aid in maintenance of the tiles , now from what i see it’s a high polished finish but a glazed tile , you can’t get that marble effect with a hd print and glaze, ring total tikes and and ask why they advise sealing.
Thanks the tile is made by Yurtbay Seramik Turkish and called invisible marble is the original name, they say they don’t need to seal, but total tiles who change name to Milan , but like curry’s changing models of tv slightly, recommended sealing it as a preventative measure, if it was Matt wouldn’t need finishEd

told to seal is simple job do before grouting

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks the tile is made by Yurtbay Seramik Turkish and called invisible marble is the original name, they say they don’t need to seal, but total tiles who change name to Milan , but like curry’s changing models of tv slightly, recommended sealing it as a preventative measure, if it was Matt wouldn’t need finishEd

told to seal is simple job do before grouting
Imho it’ll do nothing.

Reply to Bathroom to be overhauled in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks