Search the forum,

Discuss bal render in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

floyd

hi. i am tilling my very first bathroom and need a bit of advice .i have removed old tiles from the wall around the window area and the tiles have taken some of the plaster away in some parts back to the bricks (25mm deep) the area in question is only 1m x 0.5m .what is the best/quickest way to repair.do i just patch with plaster or can i use bal quick set render.

G

GazTech

hi. i am tilling my very first bathroom and need a bit of advice .i have removed old tiles from the wall around the window area and the tiles have taken some of the plaster away in some parts back to the bricks (25mm deep) the area in question is only 1m x 0.5m .what is the best/quickest way to repair.do i just patch with plaster or can i use bal quick set render.
For a depth of 25mm, rapid set is not suitable in one application. Quick set render will build to 20mm in one coat, dry lining with plasterboard and skimming up with rapid set is the fastest solution....Gaz
PS Welcome to the forums Floyd

F

floyd

thanks guys. i think i go the plasterboard route. but what is this rapid set(bal adhesive?)

P

Paul

Hi lads im not tiling as yet but looking to do my course soon, im always looking at the forums and reading all the tips and advice, just wondered as you,ve recomended the guy to use plasterboard on this problem with the job ,

who would do that would you get a chippy in to fit the board ?
hammer through to the battens and replace all of it or fit board over the top of the old plaster board ?

And would the customer be happy with more cost in plasterboard as he,s took the tiles off and in a way caused more cost ? although not on purpose

sorry theres so many questions im just interested

F

floyd

hi paul .i just used dabs of bonding compound to fix to the plasterboard to the wall .i also used nailable plugs just for peace of mind .total cost less than a tenner

Reply to bal render in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen