Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Quickset render over PVA primed masionry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gpholman

Hi,

I've removed the tiles from my bathroom and had to cut out some largish patches of blown render / plaster underneath them. I was intending to plaster over these patches, so I prepeared the wall by cleaning them and priming with a 5:1 PVA solutiuon. Since then I've decided BAL quickset render is the way to go (mainly due to time for plaster to cure and skill required to do a decent plastering job). My questions is can I use the quickset render now I've used PVA to prime the surface already? Should/can I still use BAL APD Primer first?

Thanks in advance.
Grant

B

bugs183

Sounds like Bal Bond would have been a better product, PVA is duff.
Phone Bal Technical helpline to see what they advise.

G

gpholman

Thanks to all for replying so quickly.

NZ_Tiler - the link seems to be about problems with tiling adhesive onto PVA, do the same issues apply with quickset render?

Tobins Tiling - what can I say, I'm young and naive. Well, not so young actually....

Cheers

Reaction score
Haha just joking mate hope you found out all you need to know about it from the thread, think you'll have to strip that PVA back grant and prime it with a primer good luck mate :thumbsup:

N

NZ_Tiler

as AliGage has said, they are both cementious, and the PVA will reactivate when the wet plaster is troweled on, and affect the adhesion.

Reply to BAL Quickset render over PVA primed masionry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen