Search the forum,

Discuss Back out on site in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Sorry for the absence lately, I went away for a break, and was pleased to be get back to be honest. I moan about this country but I miss it when Im away. I did something upon my return, I went back out on the tools!!! there were two reasons for this the first being I needed to know if I could still do it! and secondly you have to keep things real, its one thing talking the talk, but you have to be able to walk the walk. Its killed me, physically and mentally, most days I have come back and collapsed, then woke up to catch up with the paper work and queries on other jobs. However I have a greater respect for my lads, and they told me they thought I wouldnt last longer than half a day but I did, I stuck it out and got on with it. I wont miss site work, I will miss the banter, its been great (with a few shockers!).

Heres a couple of photos of what I've been working on, its all still work in progress. The stone is Valser Quartzite cleft finish so it meant the thickness was all over the place for the cladding. The pool surrounds are in a honed finish which is coming in at 80mm thick which we are still installing. I started doing the drawings for this over a year ago, its not been an easy part of a bigger contract but I do like a challenge, and I got it!

Attachments

• IMG_0474a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0471a.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 25
I

Ian

My back's hurting just looking at that stone! Fair play to you for getting back on the tools, looks like a lovely job.

C

Colour Republic

ahhhh stop with your moaning! ;)

Trying to get my head round that second picture Lynn, what am I looking at? is the pic the right way round? what is the head height?

P

Pebbs

Rob theres a swimming pool in there somewhere, they wanted a dropped bridge section (god only knows why!) Behind that section which you cant see there is a special effects ceiling going in..I will take more photos, to show it in more detail.

Yep I have stopped moaning...my bones havent though!

Lynn

C

Colour Republic

Ahh get you. So that's a false floor built over the pool just to work from.

Nice choice of stone, I like it ;)

Reply to Back out on site in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen