Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eddie

Bought some tiles from B&Q last week. Before you all start screaming abuse at me, it was only because they were cheap and i needed to get some practice on floors. as i've got two floor jobs coming up. I had heard they are bad, but 3mm difference in sizes? FFS Ok for me they are only for practice but how would you get aroud this if it was for a customer? Is this comon with most larger tiles?

G

GazTech

Bought some tiles from B&Q last week. Before you all start screaming abuse at me, it was only because they were cheap and i needed to get some practice on floors. as i've got two floor jobs coming up. I had heard they are bad, but 3mm difference in sizes? FFS Ok for me they are only for practice but how would you get aroud this if it was for a customer? Is this comon with most larger tiles?
If this was for customer.....walk away.3mm is not uncommon in large format or cheap tiles...especially B&Q........would you believe British standard for tile size is bloody 6mm ffs.............Gaz......this proves the theory ,that BS is a guideline and not the law 6mm difference is unworkable IMO 2mm is bad enough lol

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clarke

Tolerances are a joke! didnt realise they were 6mm Gaz, thats crazy! I often use a 3mm spacer on floors so that would be impossible!
I had one similar job where they kept coming out between 2 and 4 mm difference and the customer suggested 'trimming' them to the same size!!!
packed the van and walked away (obviously).
If you tell the customer and show them the tiles before laying and they say its ok then do it (with difficulty and swearing). Otherwise they might come home expecting a perfect job and see the grout lines all over the place and when you say 'its the tiles' they'll just brand you as a rough worker and possibly refuse to pay.
Have fun!

Reply to B&Q tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen