Search the forum,

Discuss average m's out of a bag in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Got 120sqm to estimate adhesive for, using 600x300 porcelain so 8mm trowel, back skimmed tiles..fixed to new moisture board walls, was thinking around 40 bags standard set so around 3sqm a bag, is that about right? What's average sqm your getting out of a bag?

T

Time's Ran Out

Depends whose adhesive you use!
Getting good coverage from Tilemaster from Stone Tilers at the moment.

S

Spare Tool

If it were up to me I'd go for setaflex but the customer has an acc with a tile shop so Webber set plus it is..

I

Ian

I always work it out at 5m per 20kg bag, quite often get a bit more. I'd say you'll not need any more than 20 bags if the walls are decent.

S

Spare Tool

Thanks for replies, just googled Webber set plus coverage and it says 1.5kg per sqm per 1mm bed depth..so at 8mm that 12kgs per m plus skimming tiles thats only 1 and a half m per bag...surely somebody got some figures wrong on that one...
Not often this can be said but think I'll ignore the manufacturer on this one and go with the average of them that actually sticks it on the wall..

S

Sean SML Tiling

Depends on how level the floor is. I'd be going 12mm on the floor so I'd work it approx 3sq mtrs a bag.

I

Ian

An 8mm trowel will give a 3mm bed depth so, about 4.5kg per metre 4-5m per bag with an 8mm trowel. (According to that equation)

Reply to average m's out of a bag in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen