Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ardex K15 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jpm

Hi there has anyone used the ardex K15 self levelling compound on a screeded under floor heated floor?? any good? flexible?

Also is the Ardex X7R any good for under floor heating laying porcelain tiles?
Is there anywhere which sells ardex cheaper than £45 a bag???

F

Fred

Ardex have main suppliers who then have Ardex permission to co-sell on their behalf, so ring a few tile shops in your area they may sub-buy.......thats the problem with Ardex and why if you don't go to a main seller the price is high!

J

jpm

Cheers Fred thanks for your help also someone said hampshire tile warehouse was good on ardex prices

F

Fred

Give them a go, if their good on prices, they have the Ardex account. My main shop I use are the areas Ardex dealer, and I get X7R for £20.00p:drool5:

D

DHTiling

K15 no good for ufh.....Have you heard of Mapei fibre plan.....excellent product...:thumbsup:

D

dagger

K15 no good for ufh.....Have you heard of Mapei fibre plan.....excellent product...:thumbsup:
Fibreplan is perfect and available at the tile people - haywards heath!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpm

yes my mate uses ardex K15 on UFH and swears by it he tells me!
Think as i'm using the brilliant flexible ardex X7R i might stick with ardex and use the sub floor K15 and spoke to ardex and they say its fine for ufh, no problems ever.
cheers for advise though and the tile people in hh are not the most helpful and overpriced!

J

jpm

Also Fred i have found that hampshire tile warehouse do Ardex X7R grey at per 22kg bag now thats good! and Ardex K15 per bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

According to Ardex tech it is ok Dave!

Hey!! sorry about that...had timber in my head somewhere...lol lol.....

On conrete/screed type subs it is ok....

It can go upto 10mm then over this use aggregate mix to strengthen...

I used to use k15 all the time but since i have used mapei fibre plan which can be used over timber as well then i have switched...fibre plan does upto 15mm in one go...not bad over timber for a single mix slc...

I have also used weber niv plus and that does 25mm in one go....there are lots of fibre enhanced levellers coming on the market now...and one i have found out today does 60mm in one bite....pjc(pete) knows which one...:smilewinkgrin:

J

jpm

Cheers Dave for that and I have used the mapei rapid set but don't find it as good as the ardex even palace chemicals £12 a bag White rapid I find is better but guess it's all down to personal pref.

Reply to Ardex K15 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks